Monday 9 July 2012

WPC 2012 Goes Live today...

Good Morning,
I am one of the unfortunate people that couldn’t attend the conference this week as
I'm piled in projects, but was able to watch the keynote this morning live on
the www.digitalwpc.com website. I would like to start of saying the numbers
shown this morning where incredible. 1.3 Billion PCs running Windows, 630
Million Windows 7 Licenses sold, more than 500,000 Computers refreshed everyday
to Windows 7.

I was hoping there would be more talk on Wave 15 (Office, Lync, Exchange) but
hopefully more to come in the next few days.
Some highlights for me;

Windows 8 RTM first week of August
Windows 8 General Availability October

Windows 8 To Go !!!! Load your corporate Windows 8 environment on any computer
(Home Computer) from a USB STICK.... Watch Demo here
And of course Office 365 Open Program. Which will allow Microsoft Partners to
brand and bill Office 365 services directly to the client. No more cents on the
dollar for each user.

More to come from the WPC here in Toronto, and I will post more information when
it comes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment